WHAT I AM
Stranger and Fiction encompasses the photos and film adventures of one Jaz Grady.
Working with both analogue and digital formats, and a collection of cameras that exceeds 100, I can’t get enough of the mechanics and flawed beauty that is film, and the fun that exists with the rapidly expanding digital age.
WHAT I DO
Through an amazing Youth initiative by the Clarence Valley Council, SAF travels to teach at photography and video workshops, free for kids and young adults between the ages of 5-11 and 12-18. Check out the Workshops page for more info and links.
SAF is available for Freelance and Contract work around the Brisbane region, and from my Photographic Studio in the heart of the cultural precinct of West End. Extra areas extending to the Bellinger region can be serviced upon request.
My Photographic background stars
- Contract work for both local and national newspapers
- Product imagery for commercial means – that of areas of the wine industry, including bottle photography and styling
- Product imagery for cultural means – the documentation of artworks, 2D 3D and 4D, for both record and advertising purposes
- Extensive real estate and architectural work
- Teaching youth photographic and motion imaging skills using both accessible means, i.e mobile devices, and professional equiptment
As well as
- A carefully curated collection of analogue / film cameras that currently exceeds 100 complete setups, including everything from the Pentax 110 to a Hasselblad CM500
- Cleaning and refurbishing a variety of camera models to as new condition, after obtaining them from tip shops and garage sales in varying degrees of age and ware
- A strong background working with both the arts side and business sides of not only photography, but web design, graphic design and fine arts
- Being a strong part in youth initiatives in and around my home town, starting at an early age, becoming chair person of the youth committee that was started by the same department of council that I now teach workshops for
WHERE TO FIND ME
Follow my adventures on the Stranger and Fiction blog and Instagram account, as well as regular updates and info on my upcoming workshops and events via the SAF Facebook page.
Check out the Stranger and Fiction Society 6 page for everything from t-shirts to prints, updated frequently.
IN THE FIELD